Antonio Mozeto is a Brazilian photographer based in São Carlos, SP-Brazil. His work in photography focuses on diverse themes such as rural life and customs, vernacular images (architecture and landscape, rural/urban) of new topographics in Brazil, portraits, image creation with a focus on abstractionism/surrealism, and street photography. He studied at the International Center of Photography (ICP) in NYC-USA (2017). He studied photography at the Juan Esteves Photography Studies Cycle (São Paulo, SP-Brazil) (2020-22). Since 2021 he is a founding member and participant of the FotoWeb Club created by photographer and educator Roberto Cecato (São Paulo, SP-Brazil). In in weekly meetings discusses the evolution of his portfolios under Cecato’s mentorship.
AWARDS & EXIBITIONS
– Author of the collective photo book “ENTRE OLHARES. Imagem e palavra”.
-Solo exhibition of “New topographics: Vernacular images of the interior of São Paulo state, Brasil”. Cultural Center of University of São Paulo, São Carlos, Brasil. Sep15-Oct17/2022.
– Group exhibition. InterFoto, Itu, SP-Brasil. ‘Faces of the portraits’. 27-31/July/2022.
– Finalist of the ENFOQUE CONECTA Platform, Enfoque Visual Magazine and LAP Foundation – Latin America Photography Foundation of Bogotá-Colombia (RURAIS project).
– RURAIS book Launch at the 11th Tiradentes Photography Festival (Tiradentes, MG-Brazil)
– Solo exhibition of “RURAIS” and “NOVAS TOPOGRAFIAS BRASILEIRAS” projects at the Institute of Art, Culture and Ecology (IACE) from in Tiradentes (MG, Brazil).
– Solo exhibition of RURAIS at Casa das Artes at Pousada Vale do Céu, Babilônia Road, Delfinópolis, MG-Brasil.
– Solo exhibition of RURAIS at Pousada Vale dos Canteiros, Canteiros Road, of São João Batista do Glória, MG-Brazil.
– Group exhibition of RURAIS at the Odisséia Gallery of Humanities, Art and Democracy, São Paulo (SP-Brazil)
– Honorable mention at TIFA 2021 (Tokyo International Foto Awards) on the theme: “New topographics of the interior of São Paulo state, Brazil”.
– Author of the book RURAIS (Editora Origin, São Paulo, SP-Brazil, ISBN 978-65-89233-12-1) and of several electronic photozines
– Solo exhibition of RURAIS. São Carlos City Hall (SP-Brazil)
– Solo exhibition of RURAIS in Borborema City Hall (SP-Brazil)
– Finalist of the International Photography Festival of Paraty (RJ-Brazil) on the theme “The eternal and unsustainable battle between Man and Nature” with photographs collectively exposed in a public square in a large panel
– Finalist of the Photography Festival of Paranapiacaba (SP-Brazil) in 2020 on the theme of the festival “Environment”
– Group exhibition at Casa PEF Klink on the theme “Territories” at PEF2020 – Paraty International Photography Festival (Paraty, RJ-Brazil)
– Solo exhibition of RURAIS. University of São Paulo Cultural Center in São Carlos (SP-Brazil)
– Solo exhibition of RURAIS. Cultural Center of the City Hall of Avaré (SP-Brazil)
– Solo exhibition of RURAIS. Public Museum of Descalvado (SP-Brazil)
– Group exhibition at the Photo CEASA. XI Hercule Florence Photography Festival of Campinas, SP-Brazil
– Group exhibition at the 15th Pérsio Galembeck National Photography Salon. City Hall of Araras, SP-Brazil
– Group exhibition at the II Photography Festival of Analândia, SP-Brazil
– Group exhibition at the Street Photography Workshop and urban intervention. Pirassununga, SP-Brazil
– Group exhibition at the ‘Fever on Asphalt’ workshop. Hercule Florence Photography Festival in Campinas, SP-Brazil
– Group exhibition at the Street Photography workshop at SESC in Campinas, SP-Brazil
– Group exhibition at the Photographers Festival in Ouro Preto and Mariana, MG-Brazi